Since 2001 Lilyfontein has also made its mark as one of the leading academic High Schools in East London. Each year, we maintain the 100% pass rate set by our 2008 Grade 12’s
Lilyfontein School is one of only 2 schools in the East London District to have achieved a 100% pass rate for this length of time.
Each year has brought its own highlights.
- Grant Swan achieved 7 distictions in the 2008 Matric finals
- Maxine Diemer was the top achiever in the Border region in the 2009 finals
- Peter Morrissey achieved 8 distictions in 2010
- Hilanco Jordaan achieved 6 distinctions in 2014
- Sebastian Schultz achieved 8 distinctions in 2015
- Courtney Crew achieved 7 distinctions and Kellan Lehy achieved 6 in 2016
- Gandhi Jafta achieved 6 distrinctions in 2017 Read More
The foundation phase of learning is key and at Lilyfontein we include academics, a wide variety of extra mural sports and the Adventure Programme to ensure a sound basis for growth
The subjects taught in the Intermediate Phase are standard in all Government schools however, Lilyfontein School includes Adventure and Adventure Sport in our Life Orientation program
Specialist High School teachers and small classes allow for individual attention and ensure academics of the highest standard