01 February 2019
We are ready to host the Lilyfontein BUCO Tomato Trot and Cycle. Thank you to all the staff, parents and a special thank you to the PTA for all their passion and involvement to host such a massive event. We look forward to hosting the city of East London and surrounds on the day. Please take note of the following.
SCHOOL TIMES - Friday, 1 February 2019
Please take note that school will close at 12:10pm on Friday, 1 February 2019. This is to accommodate the registration and preparations for our Tomato Trot on Saturday, 2 February 2019. Thank you for your understanding.
Mr Alan Angelbeck will retire from teaching on Friday, 1 February 2019. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Angelbeck for his many years of service to Lilyfontein and especially in his field of teaching Mathematics in our High School. We wish him every of the very best for his retirement.
We would like to welcome Miss Rebecca Horne to our staff and the Lilyfontein Family. Miss Horne will be teaching Mathematics in our High School and we wish her a long and happy stay with us.
Mrs Moss is on maternity leave and we would like to welcome Mr Basil Birch who will be teaching in her place whilst she is on maternity leave.
LETTER TO PARENTS: Safety & Security 2019
Please read through the letter to familiarise yourself with our Safety & Security policy.
Safety and Security
LILYFONTEIN LICENSE DISCS: Available at Reception
We have sold nearly 500 discs. If you do not have a one yet please get your R50 security discs from reception. We are hoping all vehicles will have a disc by the 4th February.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR FINANCE OFFICE
ATTENTION PARENTS: Finance
Please find the following important finance related documents
Lilyfontein: 2019 Fee Structure
TOMATO TROT: School closes 12:10 Friday 1 February
1. A reminder to parents that school will close early on Friday due to Tomato Trot Registrations.
2. We are expecting a great turnout for this event. Thank you to everyone for your positive contribution.
3. Volunteers please ensure you are on time and report to your manager.
4. All Lilyfontein families that have entered the TROT must register on Friday to collect race pack and shirt.
5. If you still want to enter please do so on Friday or Saturday at registration. 6. T.shirts are issued on a first come first served basis and only issued at registration. Come and enjoy the day with us, there is plenty to see and do.
TOMATO TROT: Food & Beer Tent tickets
Please note that the PTA will be selling ticket booklets for the food tent at Registration Friday at Lilyfontein between 12-3pm. Buy your booklets early to get your delicious meals. Please note that these tickets are only for the beer and food tent and not redeemable at Lilybites tuckshop. Booklets are valued at R50 each.
Follow and like our Facebook Page: Click here
TOMATO TROT: REGISTRATION DETAILS
Please take note of the registration details for the TROT. Detail below. Every participant has to register to collect race pack.
Thank you to all those that have assisted the committee in the organisation of the BUCO TOMATO TROT & CYCLE t we truly value and appreciate your help. Together we are stronger and this year is proving to be very busy and very productive.
LETTER TO PARENTS: Explanation of Boys Hair Policy
Please read the Hair Policy Letter
TUCK SHOP: Lilybites menu 2019
Lilybites would like to welcome everyone back to school for a fantastic 2019. Please click on link below to see what we have on offer for the learners and staff. Tuck-shop accounts are available on request. Contact Amelia Steyn for more information.
Please note that our school shop is open Mondays to Thursdays 7.30 – 8.00am
LETTER TO PARENTS: High School Term 1 2019
Please click on link to read
EXTRA TIME APPLICATION
Applications need to be early in the new year. Forms are available from the front office and must include a Scholastic Assessment not older than 3 years. Please note learners need to re-apply for each phase.
SPORT: Letter to Parents
Reminder about Sport Policy. Please read attached letter regarding sport at Lilyfontein
Congratulations to Teo Bosazza and Ej Mollentze for being selected to go to Cape Town for the National XCO MTBike competition as part of the Eastern Cape MTB team. We wish them all the best of luck.
Teo Bosazza came first in the provincial MTB XCO this weekend achieving an awesome ride of 15 km in only 55 mins
EL City East Athletics Well done to the following Primary school Athletes who have made it through to the second round of trials:
- U10 Crystal Kruger 100m
- U12 Tariro Chinamasa 1200m
- U13 Christine Bollard-Davies 1500m
- U13 Liesel-Mari De Jager Shot Put and Shot-Put
- U13 Liyahluma Simelane Javelin
- U12 Baelien Hubert 1200m & Javelin
- U12 Erik Le Roux High Jump
- U12 Liam Driessel Long Jump
- U13 Luke Randall Javelin
- U13 Timothy Page 1500m
Primary School athletes who qualified for the 3rd round of athletics trials are:
Girls 13y; Liesl-Mari de Jager- 1st place shot put
Girls 13y; Liesl-Mari de jager – 1st place discus
Girls 13y; Liyahluma Simelani – 1st place javelin
Boys 12y; Erik le Roux – 1st place high jump
- 1st Cricket vs Hudson Park 1st Algie Cup.
Hudson Park won by 143 runs.
- U13A vs Gonubie U13A.
Gonubie won by 6 wickets.
Chad Henderson 76 and 2/16 off 4 overs.
- U11A vs Hudson park U11A
Hudson Park won by 89 runs.
Riley Law 2/21, James Reeves 27
- U10A vs Selborne U10A.
Selborne won by 4 wickets.
Corbin Tidbury 27, Jack Bosazza 2/10 off 4 overs.
- 1st Team Cricket played against Grens at Lilyfontein.
Lilyfontein -152/8 and Grens made 91/8.
Lilyfonrtein won by 61 runs.
Well done to Nathan Summers who made 44 runs and Logan McQuirk 36.
- U19 Girls Cricket team played their first match against Hudson Park High School.
Lilyfontein won by 100 runs.
Well done to Megan Emslie who managed to score 47 runs and took 5 wickets.
- U15 Boys Cricket played against Greenpoint.
Lilyfontein made 177/7 and Greenpoint 81/6.
Lilyfontein won by 96 runs.
Well done to Tiaan Potgieter 55* and Luke Summer taking 2/15.
- U13 Boys Cricket played against Hudson Park Primary School.
Lilyfontein lost by 54 runs.
Well done to Aya mkhokeli for taking 3/20 and Chad Henderson for making 31 runs.
- U15 Boys Tennis played against Stirling and lost 0-6.
- U13 Boys Tennis played against Gonubie and won 4-2.
- U11 Boys Tennis played against Komga and unfortunately lost the match 2-4.
MR N ELS
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES: Get your brand or business seen!
Click on the links below to see what is on offer at Lilyfontein.
Sponsored Advertising Boards at Lilyfontein School
Lilyfontein School Newsletter and Website Advertising Opportunities
To start their Permaculture journey, Grade 1D were taught and guided by the grade 6's in the garden. Amazing to see the older learners imparting their knowledge of mulching, watering, composting and planting on to the little ones. Great fun was had by all🌸
With this talk, Dr. Nick Fuhrman encourages us to recognize the profound personal impact that we can have on others — both in and out of the classroom. Dr. Nick Fuhrman is an associate professor of environmental education in the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication. Also known as “Ranger Nick,” he teaches graduate courses in educational program development and data analysis and undergraduate courses in environmental education and teaching methods. Dr. Fuhrman received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Forestry from Virginia Tech and his PhD in Agricultural Education and Communication from the University of Florida. His life’s passion is teaching, and he often uses live animals (such as snakes, turtles, and owls) in the classroom and on his monthly television series, Ranger Nick. Dr. Fuhrman and his wife, Jessica, have a son, Miles, who already seems to love animals and the outdoors as much as his dad.
The One Thing All Great Teachers Do | Nick Fuhrman | TEDxUGA
- Primary Boys Tennis C-League vs Nahoon(H)
- Primary Boys Tennis D-League vs Kidd's Beach(H)
- U/15 Tennis Boys vs Merrifield(A)
- Tomato Trot Registration
- Coca-Cola T20 Cricket Championship Quarter Final vs Stirling
- Tomato Trot
- U/13 Girls Cricket vs Mdantsane Hub(A)
- U/13A Cricket vs Selborne(A)
- U/15 Cricket vs Merrifield(A)
- U/15 Cricket vs Merrifield(A)
- Grade 7N Adventure Day
- HS Girls Tennis vs Stutt (A)
- U/10A Cricket BYE
- U/10A Cricket vs Sakhile(H)
- Grade 7T Adventure Day
- U/13B-Boys Cricket vs Selborne C(H)
- Pre-Primary Picnic
- Grade 2 Sleepover
FP = Foundation Phase
- Primary Boys Tennis C & D-League vs Queens in Stutt (A)
- U/15 Tennis Boys vs Hudson Park(A)
- U/9A Cricket vs Gonubie Primary(A)
- Senior Leader Social
- PP Cake Sale
IP = Intermediate Phase
HS = High School