“Adventure Racing is a true test of the human condition and spirit and one of few extreme sports that showcases the extraordinary power of teamwork.” Says Mike Clarke
The Lilyfontein Adventure Race (AR) is in full swing. ENTRIES have opened. Please navigate to www.roag.co.za and follow the prompts. Take advantage of entering your teams before the 20 August to benefit from the Early Bird Rates.
HOW TO REGISTER ON ROAG:
1. To register on the ROAG site, please click the button at the top of the page by the login details to start a new profile:
2. Complete all the important fields as you are prompted.
3. You will receive an email to validate your account.
4. Once you have validated your account then you can enter ROAG using the login details that have been provided to you at the top of the page.
CONTACT DETAILS FOR ROAG:
Should you experience any trouble or if you have forgotten your login details please contact ROAG support on 086 100 7624 and we they can assist with any queries you may have.
Join our facebook group to keep up to date with the latest information.
Lilyfontein School has been hosting the annual Adventure Race since 2000. The Lilyfontein AR sums up Lilyfontein's values and ethos that we strive to achieve. Developing young learners to work in teams, identify strengths, understand weaknesses, problem solve, grow grit, endurance, leadership and resilience in a fun, adventurous environment. Our AR caters for all ages and fitness levels. Adventure Racing is a fast growing sport that incorporates navigational, mental and physical challenges. Teams of 4, with at least 1 member of the opposite gender, compete in various age categories with a unique distance and set of obstacles to complete. Winning in an adventure race requires more than just speed and fitness. The race requires the team to navigate through several activities to reach specific check points along the way.
Location: Lilyfontein School GPS 32°52'21.40"S 27°59'52.97"E
- Grit Unlimited (4), Grit Unlimited Duo (2 people) (former Corporate Croc Category)
- The ultimate challenge is the Grit Unlimited division, here friends and fitness bunnies are invited to explore the local area and apply all their skills to compete in the premium division of the event. Here you can enter a team of 4 or 2 people.
- Mud Overload (former Family Fun Category)
- The Mud Overload was introduced as a mild category to welcome all, to have a taste, in a fun way, to what adventure racing is all about. It is targeted to families, friends and colleagues that want to partake but do not want to “kill” themselves whilst participating; this is a relaxed and enjoyable category to cater for all levels of fitness.
- U19, U15, U13, (SA Champs Qualifiers)
- The Lilyfontein Adventure race is a Provincial Qualifier for U13, U15, U19 age categories and the winners in these divisions have qualified to participate in the Annual South African Adventure Racing Championships in September 2019.
- Grade 4-5
- Grade 1-3
- There is a healthy support of entries in the Grade 1-3 and Grade 4-5 divisions. This is attributed to eagerness of both learners and parents to participate and support from local schools.
INFORMATION & UPDATES:
FACEBOOK: facebook group
PRIZES &/ PRIZE MONEY:
Over R10 000 of prize money to be won
Race shirts and Goodie Bags to the first 550 entries (please note that shirt sizes are issued on a first come first serve basis at registration)
There will be trophy/medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams in each category
You can only enter ONLINE: www.roag.co.za
Early Bird Entries CLOSE 20 August 2019
Entries CLOSE: Midnight 2 September 2019
RACE START & PRIZE GIVING TIMES:
All school teams (U13, U15 & U19) are required to camp on Friday 6 September. All other participants and supporters are asked to support the accommodation venues on the Wild Coast Jikeleza Route – see http://www.wildcoastjikeleza.co.za/en/ for details.
The future of Adventure Racing is strong and we encourage more families and learners to participate in this years 2019 event! More information to follow over the next few weeks and months.
The Lilyfontein Adventure Team