The Governing Body has established a Parent Teachers Association (PTA). The objectives of the association are:
- to promote and facilitate the exchange of views and the maintenance of relationships and harmony between parents of learners attending the school and educators at the school.
- to assist the Governing Body as may be required by it in all matters which may be of benefit to the school and the learners and their education generally.
- generally to promote the interests of the parents and educators in the involvement in the general life and interests of the school and the learners.
All parents or legal guardians and their spouses of learners at the school, and all educators on the staff and their spouses, scan be members of the PTA.
Organisation of the PTA
The PTA is run by a committee that is elected from its members at the general meeting held within the first term of the year.
Function of the PTA Committee
- The raising of funds for the benefit of the school subject to consultation with the Governing Body fundraiser. Such funds to be subject to the administration and control of the treasurer of the Governing Body.
- arranging and holding functions for members to promote and facilitate a creative relationship and harmony between parents of learners attending the school and educators at the school.
- fulfilling a support function with regard to the educators of the school.